We know you didn’t get into dancing at a strip bar for the fame. Most women who become exotic dancers at a gentleman’s club like Rhode Island Dolls in Woonsocket, RI are doing it for the money. And there’s nothing wrong with that. But if you want to make the most of your job and earn as much money as possible you need to treat it a bit like a business. You need to make sure you have the right assets. You need to invest a bit of time. You need to create the right atmosphere for your clients.
How can you do that? Try some of these tips:
Appearance is everything in this job! Make sure you are always looking your best when you are on stage. There are a few things you should do to make sure that you provide your clientele with the best experience possible. Remember that you are providing a fantasy and in order to do that you need to be the best you can be.
1. Take care of your feet. Men love pretty feet. Go and get a pedicure on a regular basis. Make sure that your feet are smooth and clean. If you can’t afford to get a pedicure on a regular basis, take the time to learn to give yourself a pedicure at home. It’s not hard and the time you put into it is well worth the investment.
2. Get your hair done professionally. Yes, that includes a cut and color on a regular basis but you can also just go for a blowout. Freshen up your look with some curls or get it straightened properly on a big money night like on the weekends. Other dancers may be willing to share with you where they like to go. When you don’t go to the professionals, make sure you have the right tools at home to do your hair up nicely. Get a salon grade straightener or curling iron and a good blow dryer. And don’t forget to use quality shampoos, conditioners, and styling products. The cheap stuff will not do your hair any favors!
3. Get a manicure. There is nothing that will ruin the fantasy faster than chewed up, raggy nails! You don’t always have to have a fresh color but make sure that your nails look nice and clean. A French manicure is easy to do at home with all the kits that are at the drug store. But good gel tips can make it super simple to make sure that your hands always look nice.
4. Get some color. You don’t need to spend hours laying around in the sun but a little bit of color can go a long way. You can use a tinted lotion, go to a tanning booth, or get a spray tan to avoid harmful rays from the sun. Keep it simple and don’t go overboard. No one wants to watch an orange dancer take off her clothing!
5. Take care of your skin. Use a good lotion to keep your skin looking soft and supple.
6. Consider investing in regular waxing. Shaving is great but you have to keep up to it every single day and even then you are likely to get some stubble. Shaving can also leave rashes and that doesn’t look pretty when you’re on the stage. With waxing you can have smooth, supple skin every day.
Invest in yourself. One of the best qualities a dancer can have is confidence. Even the most beautiful dancers can become less appealing if they are not happy and confident in themselves.
If you want more confidence, start by being healthy. Eat properly. Sure, enjoy a little bit of ice cream once in a while or even a slice of pizza but keep unhealthy snacks and foods to a minimum. They make you feel bloated and cranky and that’s just not hot! Drink lots of water to stay hydrated. And exercise.
Regular exercise is one of the best things you can do for both your body and your mind. When you exercise daily, you’ll be in good physical condition but you’ll also have a healthier mind. You’ll feel better about yourself and your body when you get out and do some aerobic activity every day – preferably in the sunlight.
When you take care of your physical appearance and your emotional well-being, you will feel great and that is reflected in your dancing when you’re on the stage. The best dancers – and the ones that earn the most money – are happy people!