Dancing at a gentlemen’s club like Rhode Island Dolls in Woonsocket, Rhode Island is a high energy job. No matter what, when you get on the stage you need to look like you are full of energy and ready to take on the world. You can’t look like you just crawled out of bed and would like nothing more than to crawl back in. If you show up to work with no energy, customers will pick up on that and that means you’re going to make less money in the long run.
In order to have lots of energy when you need it the most, you need to fuel your body properly. If you put cheap gas in your car, it won’t run very well. If you put crappy fuel in your body, it’s not going to run very well, either.
So, what kinds of foods should RI Dolls dancers eat in order to feel energetic and get out there and do what you do best?
Here are some foods that you should include in your diet on a regular basis to keep the energy flowing:
- Sweet Potatoes: Yes, these are carbohydrates but not all carbs are bad and if you’re going to eat carbs, this is one of the best sources you can find. Sweet potatoes are filled with Vitamin C and Vitamin A and the give you a great boost that fights off fatigue. And there’s are lots of ways you can prepare them. Sweet potato fries are an excellent swap out for regular fries. They can also be mashed, baked, or added to a stir fry. If you crave something crunchy, eat them raw for an easy snack.
- Honey: Ditch the sugar and energy drinks and start using honey in your daily life. You can drizzle it in your tea or coffee or you can add it to water with a twist of lime or lemon for a refreshing drink. Add it to your food if you need something sweet. It’s a time released muscle fuel that will leave you feeling energetic for longer periods than an energy drink.
- Apples: It’s the energy treat that you can easily throw in your back for whenever you need a quick pick-me-up. It doesn’t need to be refrigerated and there’s no container to wash out later. It’s really the perfect food. It’s got loads of fiber, so that means that it will help you feel great for the rest of the day. And you’ll feel less hungry, too, so there’s no temptation to snack on junk.
- Spinach: Substitute the head lettuce or even the romaine lettuce in your salads for spinach and you’ll be amazed at how much better you feel. Spinach is loaded with iron so it won’t give you that afternoon slump and you’ll feel full until your next meal. If you’re a smoothie person, add spinach to any smoothie recipe for an additional boost of energy.
- Almonds: These are another great example of easily portable snacks that can make you feel better. They are packed with things like copper, manganese, riboflavin, and protein. You don’t need to eat a lot of them either. Their so packed with goodness that you really only need 8-10 almonds to reap the benefits.
- Yogurt: Besides the fact that yogurt is great for your body, it tastes awesome and there’s lots of different flavors to enjoy so you will never get bored of eating it. And you can eat regular yogurt or Greek yogurt. Yogurt is high in magnesium and it is filled with calcium, too. If you eat it after you workout it helps to replenish your glycogen sources.
If you exercise regularly and eat well, you’ll find that you do much better at your job. Beside giving you energy, you will also enjoy a better overall mood. You’ll feel leaner and sexier and you’ll be more confident and all of those things contribute to making more money as a dancer. A balanced diet and a regular exercise routine can only make your life better all around.
Remember that money is not the most important thing in the world. While it is great to have a job that you can make good money at, there are other factors that come into play. Your attitude has a lot to do with that. When you eat the right foods, you do have more energy but it can make you happier and make you feel better overall. So, make sure to add some of these power foods to your diet on a regular basis and you’ll feel great, be happier, and have more energy to put into those awesome dance routines on the stage!