One of the things that men love about women is there lips. Full lips are seen as sensual and sexy and make men think about kissing them. Some women have thick lips naturally. Other women choose to get cosmetic surgery or Botox injections so that their lips seem more lush. But that’s not for everyone. First of all, that costs a fair amount of money. Second, not every woman wants to make a permanent change to their facial features.
There are ways that you can create a fuller, more lush lip that will drive your customers wild though. Here’s a couple things you can try:
# 1 Brushing
All you need to do for this trick is to take clean and dry toothbrush (an inexpensive one works great) and brush your lips with it. The dry bristles will gently exfoliate your lips, leaving them feeling smooth. But the process does cause your lips to slightly swell, though you won’t feel any pain. Finish with a gloss or lipstick and enjoy your plump lips. This quick little tip is a great addition to your daily routine because it will keep your lips kissably-soft at all times. Do this right before you go on stage and your new pouty lips will last through your set.
#2 Homemade Lip Plumpers
There are lots of items around your house or items that can easily be found at the grocery store or drug store that can help you plump up your lips. It just takes a few minutes to combine the ingredients and as a bonus, you know that you’re not using any harsh chemicals on your mouth. Use it every day or just when you’re at work. It’s up to you.
Here’s what you need:
- Ground ginger
- Bees wax or Chap Stick
- Peppermint extract
- Red pepper or ground cayenne pepper
- Petroleum jelly
- Small jar with a lid
Most of these things can be found at the grocery store. The jar can be found at a dollar store or a drug store. Find something cute that you can carry around with you. You might even have something at home you can use but make sure you wash it out good and then sanitize it in boiling water before you use it.
Now, here’s how you make it:
- Mix a heaping teaspoon of petroleum jelly and a half teaspoon of Chap Stick or bees wax in your jar.
- Then add some pepper and ground ginger, a little bit at a time while mixing, until the mixture is even.
- Top the concoction off with a drop of peppermint extract to provide a cool and fresh flavor and scent to your home-made lip-plumping product.
- Put the cover on the jar and keep it sealed at all times when not in use.
- Apply to your lips like you would any lip gloss or lip stick. The pepper and ginger will feel tingly on your lips as it causes your skin to swell slightly. The other ingredients will make your lips look nice and shiny.
#3 Strategic Makeup Application
Most women who dance wear makeup everyday so it’s not a big deal to just use some strategic makeup tips to create a full lush lip. Once you get used to doing you lips this way it will become second nature to you. You can use the lipstick and lip liner that you already own so it doesn’t cost you any extra money. And you can choose the colors you like best, too.
Here’s how to create a full lip effect with your makeup:
- Start by taking a highlighter stick or shimmery white eyeshadow and highlight the V shape in the middle of your upper lip. This part of your lip is called a cupids bow. Highlighting your cupids bow will draw light to that sexy spot in the middle of your lip, making it look poutier.
- Grab your matte bronzer or brown eyeshadow and get some of the powder onto a small brush or other applicator. Tap the side of the applicator on the side of the brown product’s container so any loose and excess powder will fall off. Then, using a light hand, sweep the brown powder right underneath your bottom lip. This creates a contour that gives a sunken-in appearance, making your lips above it look bigger.
- Take your shimmery white eyeshadow or highlighter and softly press a small amount onto the center of your bottom lip. This draws the light to the center of your lip, giving it the illusion of being larger.
- Use your lip liner and trace the outside edge of your lips, along your natural lip line. Follow with a coat of your favorite lipstick that is the same color as the lip liner.
- If you’d like, try adding a bit more highlighter to your cupids bow and the center of your top and bottom lips. You may have to experiment in order to find what looks best on you and with your lip stick color.