Some people think that when they go to a strip club they don’t have to dress up. And there’s no rule that says that you have to – but you’ll get better results and have more fun if you pull your act together and don’t go dressed like a schlump. You’ll stand out in the crowd of men and you’ll feel more confident and that will draw the dancers to you.
Now, you don’t have to go overboard and put on a tux or a suit, but what you wear says volumes about you. You know that advice about wearing sweatpants to a strip club? Ignore it. Just don’t. It’s cheesy and tacking and dancers avoid dudes dressed in sweats because they know that this kind of guy has no respect for them.
So, what should you do? Here are some tips:
- Clean up your act. Yes, you should absolute have a shower before you go. You think strippers don’t like a clean smelling man? Seriously, there is nothing like the smell of a freshly showered man that you know has put a little effort into his appearance. And don’t forget the deodorant – things can get pretty heated at the club!
- Choose a shirt to wear. You don’t need to wear a white button-down collared shirt to the strip club, though will see guys wearing this type of shirt. If you prefer something a little more relaxed, go with a more casual button-down shirt with a print or pattern on it. You can also wear a polo shirt, or a nice sweater. The idea is to look sleek and sophisticated, so stay away from bright prints and crazy designs. Try to pick a shirt with only one or two colors.
- Now it’s time to match a pair of pants to your shirt. Your pants don’t have to be the same color as your shirt, they just have to go together. If you aren’t sure, tan or khaki pants match anything. Black slacks also go well with everything. Stay away from jeans because they are too causal if you’re looking to impress the strippers at RI Dolls. Don’t forget to put on a nice belt to finish the look.
- Socks are worth mentioning, because many men make the mistake of wearing white socks with black shoes. This is a fashion no-no. So slide on those black socks before you slip into your dress shoes. Notice I said dress shoes and not sneakers. If you were sneakers, it will ruin the look you are trying to achieve. Instead, wear a pair of black or tan dress shoes. These can be the shoes you wear to work every day if you work in an office, or a pair of loafers that you wear on the weekends. If the shoes have scuffs on them, don’t wear them. People will notice and there is nothing worse than seeing someone with scratches all over the front of their shoes.
- Wash your hair. Nice hair is just as important for men as it is for women. If your hair is a mess, your whole outfit might as well be, too. If it hasn’t air dried after taking a shower, you’ll want to get out the hairdryer. Use a brush while you are blowing to help your hair to fall in the right direction. The heat will also help hold your style for the rest of the evening. Finish with a light spritz of hair spray to keep everything in place, and you’re good to go.
- If you’d like, you can accessorize with a pocket watch, wrist watch, a trendy fedora hat, or your favorite pair of shades. The key here is not to overdo it, but just add some finishing touches to achieve a put-together look that will have you look more attractive than you usually do. Don’t forget your wallet and cell phone. Those these are more necessities than accessories, you don’t want to leave them behind. Put them in your pocket now so you’ll have them with you.
It’s not rocket science – how you dress and present yourself affects how people react to you. And that includes dancers at Rhode Island Dolls in Woonsocket, RI. If you’re ready to have some fun and you’re ready to pay for what you want, look the part. Don’t go in dressed like some average dude off the street. Stand out with your appearance. Smell good. Smile. With just a little extra attention, you can have all the dancers ready to give a performance of a life time just for you!