When you start a job as a dancer at Rhode Island Dolls in Woonsocket, RI, you’ll know that you have to make taking care of your feet a priority. You might find that your feet are pretty sore after your shift.
Add to that the need to wear sexy shoes in order to keep up a certain appearance, and you could be in for some serious foot aches by the end of the week. Here are a few tips to help you reduce stress on your feet to avoid foot pain and fatigue while dancing at Rhode Island Dolls gentlemen’s club:
- Wear platform shoes instead of stilettos. A high heel is a high heel and will make you look and feel sexy no matter what type it is. So when you’re shopping for shoes for work, choose platform shoes. This type of shoe reduces the gap in height caused by traditional high-heeled shoes because of the elevation at the toes. You’ll be able to wear platform heels much longer than regular heels before you start to feel foot pain.
- Always wear the right-sized shoe. Most exotic dancers are in high heels a good part of the night. That alone can cause foot soreness. But if you’re squeezing your toes into a shoe that’s too small, you are making the matter ten times worse. Essentially, you are creating your own pain. Always try on shoes before you buy them to make sure they fit your feet properly.
- Exercise regularly. Not only will exercise keep your body in shape for your job – an asset to earning great tips, but it will also strengthen your feet. Walking and running are the best exercises for strengthening your feet. As you build the muscles in your feet, they’ll be able to handle longer times standing without causing you pain. Soon, your feet will be used to the demands of your job and strong enough to withstand hours on your feet.
- Change positions. If possible, don’t stand all night long. Give your feet a rest by spending some time sitting at a table with a customer. Or get on the couch and experiment with different moves while giving a lap dance. Any time spend off your feet will only benefit you by preventing foot pain.
- Ice your feet. If your foot swells after working at RI Dolls, put an ice pack on it and rest. The coldness from the ice will reduce the swelling. Even if your feet aren’t injured, this still feels great after a nite of erotic dancing in a strip club.
- If you can, put inserts, insoles, or arch supports in your shoes. This may be hard if you’re wearing very strappy heels that don’t have much to them but try to use these in every shoe possible. Arch supports will help you if you have flat feet or overpronation. And all of these foot supports will ensure your feet are always in the right position to reduce stress on your feet while standing. You’ll also notice a positive difference in your lower legs and back.
- Stretch your feet prior to the start of your shift. Just like all the other muscles in your body, it’s a good idea to stretch your feet right before your start your shift. This will relax your feet and help them perform better while you’re working
- Rotate your shoes. Don’t wear the same shoes every night. If possible, change shoes during your shift. Different shoes hit different pressure points on your feet and support your foot in different places. This will give some muscle groups a chance to rest while others are working, eliminating foot pain and fatigue. Also, consider wearing costumes that look sexy with sneakers or low shoes at least once a week to give your tootsies a rest.
- Give your feet a rest. The best thing you can do for your feet and your entire body is to take regular breaks. This will go a long way in preventing foot pain and fatigue. Take your breaks during your shift at RI Dolls. And rest your feet often when you are home and not working
- Drink plenty of water. Even while you’re working, keep some water close by. Many times foot pain is the result of dehydration, not from actually being on your feet for a few hours.
These are 10 ways to help you prevent foot fatigue and pain while dancing at Rhode Island Dolls. Ask the other dancers what they do to prevent foot pain, and you may learn a few more tricks. The biggest thing is not to ignore your feet. They will treat you well if you treat them well.