Thanksgiving is quickly approaching. It is this time of the year that people begin to think about what they have in their life – or sometimes what they don’t. It can be easy to fall into the trap of thinking that you have little to be thankful for when you look around at the world and see how some others have so much. But remember that life is not all about things and stuff that money can buy. In fact, those things often add very little to your life.
If you’re feeling down and out, try putting the focus on others instead of yourself. You might quickly find that you do have things that you can be thankful for.
Here’s a few suggestions of things that you can do to remind yourself that you have things to be thankful for:
- Volunteer – there are many opportunities to volunteer in your community at this time of the year. You might spend some time at a soup kitchen. Thanksgiving day itself can be pretty busy because a lot of people tend to volunteer on that day but why not start early? Pick one day a week to volunteer at a shelter or soup kitchen. You can cook or serve meals or even just help out with some of the other activities that keep organizations like that running.
- Fundraise – find a cause that you are interested in or attached to and help raise money to keep the cause going. You could get involved in behind the scenes activities too, like organizing events or doing office work.
- Pay It Forward – this is a great way to show thankfulness at any time of the year. The concept of “pay it forward” has been happening for a long time. Basically, you do a selfless good deed that doesn’t benefit you in any way. Even if you have not been the recipient of a pay it forward occasion, you can still get it started. Give a server a tip that is equal to the amount of your bill. Buy a round of drinks for someone you don’t know. Pay the cover charge for the person behind you in the line. Remind the recipient of your good deed that nothing is expected in return – only that they pay it forward to someone else in the future when they can.
At Rhode Island Dolls in Woonsocket, RI, we like to show our thankfulness towards our customers in a variety of ways throughout the year. Here’s a few examples of how we demonstrate thankfulness to our customers:
- Take advantage of our awesome buffet on Wednesdays at lunch time. It’s something special we like to do each week for our customers. You get a great meal where you can fill up on awesome food and you get to be around the beautiful dolls. It will surely help you get past hump day and get you that much closer to the weekend in a great mood. It’s only $5 and it runs each Wednesday from 12 noon to 1:30 PM.
- No cover charge days give you a chance to save a little money, so you can put it towards a drink, some good food, or even towards a special dance from one of our dolls. Monday has no cover charge all day long plus we have a delicious $1 food menu. On Tuesdays to Saturdays, we don’t have a cover charge from noon until 6 PM or on Tuesdays you can enjoy 2 for 1 cover from 6 PM to 1 AM. If you get to the club after 4 PM and before 7 PM you can take advantage of our $2 burger and fries. Now what on earth will you do with the money you saved?
- We have great dance specials throughout the week, too; we want our customers to be able to enjoy the talents of our sexy dolls! On Tuesdays we offer 2 for 1 dance specials and on Wednesdays and Thursday you can listen for our random call out dance specials.
Thanksgiving is not something that should only be celebrated once a year. Make everyday a day to be thankful for and give back to the community. Community is everything and sometimes it is the only place that people can find help or comfort. People fall on hard times all the time and you never know if you’re going to be next.