When people go to Rhode Island Dolls in Woonsocket, RI, they are their to be entertained. They are often looking for a fantasy to be played out for them. They are looking for an escape from the daily trials and tribulation of their life. And honestly, they aren’t really thinking about what kind of hair style they expect to find on a dancer that they are drawn to.
However, the fact of the matter is that there is a certain “type” that most customers prefer. They like long hair or short hair or messy hair or spiky hair. They haven’t given it much thought but if you examined their fantasies, you would likely find a very similar look on most of the women that they think about.
That being said, you can’t appeal to every fantasy. Not all at once anyway. So have some fun!
DO be flexible. If you’re attached to the same hairstyle all the time, you’re going to find that you don’t get a variety of customers. So, be ready to change it up. Sometimes you might want to wear your hair natural – the way you wear it daily – but other times you can play around a bit and try different things. Put it in a messy bun that you can release at a key moment. Dye it. Put it in a pony tail.
DON’T do anything drastic. Shaving your head bald to appeal to a specific customer may not be a great idea. Even cutting it really short without a lot of thought may be something you regret. Remember that cutting can’t be undone and it can take a long time to grow it back so unless it is something you really want to do and are willing to live with the style in your daily life, don’t make drastic decisions without some thought.
DO learn to experiment with your long hair. There’s so many things you can do with it!
- One of the favorite long hair styles is the tousled look. You know what I mean. That messy long hair look that makes it seem like you just got out of bed, also known as the JBF look – just been f*&ked! It’s a hot style and it’s not hard to achieve if you practice. The trick is to dry your hair as you usually do after washing but stop while it’s still damp. Velcro curlers rolled into your hair and a bit of hair spray will help you finish the look. Let it finish drying naturally and then take out the curlers and separate the hair with your fingers. If you want a bit more volume, tease your hair at the base of your head a bit. A little more hair spray and you’re good to go. If you don’t have Velcro curlers, a large barreled hair curler can do the same thing.
- Sleek and sexy hair is also a great look for long haired dancers at RI Dolls. All you need is a hair straightener and a bit of patience. Straightening long hair can take some time but it is well worth it. Once your hair is dry, separate it into two parts – top and bottom. Pin up the top section so it isn’t in the way and straighten the bottom section, little by little. Once you’re done with that, separate the top into sections again, pin the top, and straighten. Finally, straighten the last section. The result is soft and shiny straight hair that really moves with you.
- Alternatively, if you don’t like to have your hair in your face while you dance you can go with a messy bun with loose wisps of hair at the side or a pony tail – but make sure that it suits your overall look.
DON’T grow your hair long just because everyone else does it! There are lots of ways you can be flexible with short hair. Shoulder length is a good length because you still have a lot of things you can do with it but if you want to sport a short and funky do, then go for it. Remember that you are the one that needs to live with the style when you are not at work, so do what makes you happy. That being said, there’s lots you can do with short hair:
- With gel, hairspray, hair mud, and other styling tools, you can get creative with your hairstyles.
- Use extensions for temporarily long hair or hair pieces or even wigs.
- Have fun with your short hair by using hats and scarves and barrettes, too.
- Dye your hair funky colors using temporary hair dye.
A good hair style is only limited by your imagination. Dancers at Rhode Island Dolls can keep the attention of the customers easily if they have fun with different hair styles and really build into that fantasy in the clients mind. Don’t get stuck in a rut.